Saturday, August 28, 2010

Back in the Routine

er,...three weeks after the fact... (and hence the reason for no posts in forever!!!)
It was bittersweet to start back to school at the end of the summer. I enjoyed being with Grady so much this summer and doing not much of anything else! It was much needed and he and I had fun! I was worried he would be rotten when he went back to Gail's in August, but she said he was fine and acted like he'd never had a summer break! (on a side note though, I went to pick him up one day this week and he had been put in "time-out" for hitting people with a truck...ha! yeah, we're working on the no-hitting thing at home!)
But also, the start of school always excites me so much...all the "newness" of another year beginning and new students to teach. It's hard to explain, but usually I am not ready for summer to end, but at the same time, kind of excited about school beginning. This year was no exception. I LOVE my class this year! They are wonderful and I am so excited about the year ahead!
We took pictures of Grady-man the first morning of "school" starting again!
All ready to go...

DeeDee got Grady a new big-boy backpack! He loves tractors and anything to do with a farm!
I told one of my friends at school the other day that they need to start a club for husbands of teachers. Poor Josh! Did he even know what he was getting in to!!!?? I am still learning not to be a work-a-holic. He is so great to get Grady ready in the mornings and take him to Gail's. Usually, I am gone before Grady even wakes up! Josh does so much to help out! I am so lucky! Of course, Grady doesn't even care that I'm gone...Dad is pretty entertaining!

1 comment:

susan said...

oh he's growing up so fast... i have tears..... haha! (I know I know - I'm pathetic! haha)