Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Christmas Eve

Being the first grandchild = one spoiled rotten child! (I was once that little girl, myself!) ha! Grady is one lucky little boy to get so much attention and SO many presents! He became a PRO at opening gifts this year and loved every minute of it! We spent Christmas Eve-Eve in Yazoo and most of the day on Friday.

Uncle Jon and Aunt Sue gave Grady-man his first set of golf clubs! Hee Hee! It was an instant hit! Now he just needs some lessons from Uncle Jon! He carries his "clubs" around everywhere and half-way understands that they are for hitting the golfballs. He whacks at them in his own little funny way and it cracks me up!

Playing his drum from Aunt Jenny... Don't we all just LOVE noise-makers! Ha!

He even got his own cell phone to talk on! And knew JUST what to do with it!

my sweet Papaw with his granddaughters (minus Elizabeth, who I missed seeing on Christmas Day) and great grandson

four generations

The Fulton Family
When I was little (well actually, not just when I was little, but my entire life!) we spent Christmas Eve night at my house. My parents didn't want us to have to travel somewhere and pack up all our stuff, but instead, to sleep in our own beds and wake up at OUR house on Christmas morning. I love that tradition! Josh did the same thing when he was growing up, so we wanted Grady to start that tradition of spending Christmas at his own house and Santa visiting him there. Last year he was too young to know what Christmas was all about, and we spent the night in Yazoo. But this year, we came home for Santa. We said goodbye to Buddy, our elf. We wrote Santa a letter...(okay, so I wrote the letter this year...but one day, Grady will write his own! It's a Fulton tradition to write letters to Santa on Christmas Eve of course!) And we got ready to leave Santa's snack. That's when things got ugly. Ha ha!

Here's Grady putting his letter to Santa on the chair by the fireplace...

And here's Grady when he found out that the cookies weren't for HIM!
Who the heck is Santa????

Okay, so Mom had to give in and let the screamer have a bite...

And then we had to adjust the letter to apologize to Santa for the bites that were missing.

1 comment:

Susan said...

he ate the cookies! HAHAHAHA! i love it!