Thursday, September 29, 2011

Book Club

Me and my hair-brain ideas! I got this idea this summer to do a monthly "book club" with my students. We study a different genre of literature each month and I decided that to get them into the genre and get excited about reading, I would have a book club for them. They can choose to participate or not...I pick out a really neat children's book from that genre and then they can check it out, take it home, read it, complete a book review, and then at the end of the month, all those who participated will be invited to skip lunch in the cafeteria and have a book club lunch in the classroom with me... Who knew the kids would go so CRAZY over this! They were soooo excited about this, much to my surprise (even the little boys!!!!). So anyway, I took my book for this month, Sweet Dream Pie, to none other than my highly creative sister and told her that I needed a super neat creation of treats to go with my first book club! She made the absolute CUTEST little pie cupcakes EVER and I had to share a picture. The kids didn't know they were getting a treat, so they went nuts over these. They were rainbow-batter cupackes on the inside, so all different colors...and topped with all of my favorite candies, then iced to look like little pies... Aren't they so cute!??





Can't wait until next month's book club! :)

No comments: