Monday, May 7, 2012

A few pics from the weekend...

Vera attended her first big "shin-dig" this past weekend...ha ha! We went home for the annual Davis Family Reunion... I'm not sure about your families, but I'm willing to bet that there is no other family reunion like mine. Seriously. It's been going on for YEARS. My grandfather was one of like 11 or 12 brothers and sisters. So my family is huge! Mom has like 54 first cousins. And then imagine all of their kids and their kids' kids... It's always a crowd! Ever since I can remember, I have been going to this reunion every year. When I was in high school, they made it even bigger by moving it from the really old and HOT location it used to be held to the Benton Country Club. They have a golf tournament for the guys that morning, followed by lunch at noon. (Dad, Uncle Kent, Jon, and Josh won the tounrmanent again this year! Whoo Hoo! HA!) Everyone brings "prizes" and we have bingo. There's also an auction. People bring things to sell in the auction and that's how they raise money to pay for rent of the club and other stuff... They always have little games for the kids and bounce houses...

My parents are all about some family reunions! A couple of years ago, I had FOUR family reunions...two for both my mom's and dad's side of the family. And by far, this one is the best one. It definitely keeps you from being bored. The other ones are just people sitting in chairs staring at each other and I feel like I don't know anyone there. But this one is definitely different. Sorry I didn't take more pictures. Susan sent me a few. Back at mom and dad's house, playing a little basketball...



Jenny, wanted to make sure you saw this... He can't quite pedal it fast enough because it's kind of heavy, but he is working on it. (This was our tractor when we were little. We have a video of all three of us riding it,...me pedaling, susan sitting in front of me with her feet propped up on the hood of the tractor, and jenny in this little trailer that I was pulling on the end of the tractor. It is the best video ever... Can't wait to recreate it with Grady and Vera in a few years... we need to find the trailer...)

"Mom, seriously! Do you really think you have to take a picture of me riding your old strawberry shortcake tricycle???"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

TRAILER IS IN ATTIC. WE ARE READY TO GO WHEN VERA IS READY.

PETE