Sunday, June 29, 2014

Mini Fruit Pizzas

I've had a LOT of help in the kitchen this summer!  (HA!)  Well, they try at least.  And they want to help so bad...  Well actually, they just want a chance to sneak a few bites while I am making whatever it is that we are making.  

This is the BEST little quick summer dessert and a good way to get my kids to eat some yummy fresh summer fruit!  Grady loves fruit and anything healthy.  Vera...not so much.  But even SHE gobbled these up!

I got this recipe from pinterest last summer.  See link here:


Mini Deep Dish Fruit Pizzas

1 roll sugar cookie dough
fresh fruit, cut up into bite-sized pieces
1 (8 oz) bar cream cheese (room temperature)
1 (large) tub cool whip

First, roll cookie dough into tiny balls (about 3/4 inch) and bake in mini muffin tins.  I only have one of these pans and I need to get another!  The roll of cookie dough makes about 48, so you'll need two pans, or do it in shifts like I did.  They should pop right out of your pan when they are done.  We baked ours about 8 - 10 minutes at 350.  Just watch them and take out when they are slightly golden around the edges.

While the cookies are baking, cut up your fruit.  Don't you just love summer time and all the fresh fruit!!!?

To make the frosting, you whip together the cool whip and cream cheese with a mixer.  I put mine in a ziploc bag and snipped the end off to make an icing tube thing...NOTE:  this makes a TON of frosting!  I think next time, I will only use HALF the cream cheese and cool whip.  That would have been more than enough for 48 cookies!

Then, you top with fruit!  Grady and Vera's favorite part!  Of course, there was LOTS of sampling here!  Hey, if Vera will actually eat fruit, who cares?



Aren't they just so cute and yummy looking?!


1 comment:

Erin said...

I LOVE this. Might have to try it with red and blue for the 4th!