Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Christmas 2011

Making cookies for Santa at DeeDee's house on Christmas Eve...
(Note...next year, Julie will get slice and bake cookies, or ship Grady to Susan's house!!!)



thankfully Susan stepped in before I lost all of my patience!

the finished products...

Grady did MUCH better this year. Last year, he did not understand that the cookies were for Santa and freaked out when I wouldn't let him eat them. He ended up eating Santa's cookies, well...part of them. We had to put them on the plate with bites taken out of them. But this year, Grady understood WHO the cookies were for and he gladly fixed Santa's plate himself.

We continued the tradition of writing a letter to Santa on Christmas Eve. Grady helped me write his letter this year. He told me what to say and helped me write it...

here's his letter, complete with a "picture" he drew for Santa...

And on Christmas morning, he was excited to find that once again, Santa had written a letter back to him! AND complimented Grady on being a good cookie baker! :) He only left one bite on his plate.

Santa brought WOODY and BUZZ and Grady was all smiles! He is really into Toy Story right now! Buddy-the-Elf must have told Santa!

And the little cook got his own kitchen, too!

Grady got to open his stocking AND Vera's!



Hard to believe this was our last Christmas as a "family of three!" My, how things are about to change around here! Hope you and your family all had a wonderful Christmas!


Happy New Year!

2 comments:

Susan said...

Grady's letter is awesome! Love it.... :) I need to come see his toys ASAP!
Great pictures... ! :) So sweet!

Breisch and Angie Stallings said...

OK, Well, I did not know that you were expecting. I am so excited for you! Your house will be crazy but you would not want it any other way!