Saturday, January 28, 2012

Grady's Room Makeover!

The "before" picture...

As you can tell, he had TOTALLY outgrown this crib-converted-to-toddler-day-bed! Look how long he is! No wonder he woke up every single night and wanted to come get in our great big bed with us! He was more than happy to give this bed to Vera!
Saying bye-bye to the baby bed...

Mom and Dad took Grady to the beach for a few days. So while he was out of our hair, we re-did the room. Faye and Josh painted the rooms (Grady's AND Vera's). I was not allowed to paint, so I just worked on "choo choo train art" at Grady's request.


The "after" pictures...

His room sign...

Again, Grady's request was to have "choo choo's" on his walls and on his room sign!



I ordered his letters from Land of Nod.....also got his bedding there. Loved the little boy letters! Grady calls these his "ABC's". They had these vintage-y girly ones as well and I ordered them for Vera's room.

Our first experience with vinyl wall stickers. Josh hung them this morning. Took forever, but Grady loves them! They go all the way across his wall.



Sorry I didn't get an "after" picture of him in his new room. I had to clean it up and take a picture of it this afternoon while Josh and he were playing in the backyard. It doesn't always look this clean...especially if he is IN the room! ha! But he loves his new "big boy bed" and thankfully sleeps SO much better in it!


I promise to post pictures of the nursery soon!

1 comment:

Susan :) said...

Grady in his Woody outfit (with no pants) is my favorite picture EVER! hahaha! I mean I know he's tall, but GOOD GRACIOU he looks SUPER tall! haha :)

Love the rooms.... BOTH!!! :)