Friday, February 10, 2012

Melted Hearts

When I picked Grady up from school on Wednesday, he wasn't feeling well. He had a fever that night, but no other symptoms of a cold or stomach bug or anything like that. Thursday, Josh stayed at home with him because he still had a fever and we let him sleep in late. Thought he was better last night, but then fever went back up to 102. SO, I stayed at home with him today. He is acting like his normal self with no fever... so I do not know what the deal is...maybe a fever virus, or cutting molars???

ANYWAY, I guess if I had to take the day off, at least I didn't have to spend it cleaning up throw-up or visiting the doctor. Glad he is feeling better and hope we are good to go now! Today, Grady and I have worked on his valentines for his friends at school. Saw this idea the other day and wanted to make them...but honestly, if I hadn't had the time to do them today, he'd probably have had to just have Toy Story valentines from Walmart. This was so much fun instead!


First, peeled tons of crayons...

Broke them into little pieces and put into silicon heart baking molds...
Baked them in the oven for 15 minutes... They came out all melted and weird-looking on the bottoms...

But after they cooled and we flipped them out of the molds, they looked really neat on the tops!

Found some cellophane bags in my random craft box and used cardstock to make a little label for each child in his class...

Yes, they are kind of cheesy, but it's for 2 year olds... How cute are these!??!


2 comments:

Tate Family said...

Not cheesy at all! LOVE them. Miss you.

Langdawg said...

Julie, I love that crayon idea!!! ARe you on pinterest?

Melissa