Thursday, September 13, 2012

Menu Board

My fabulous creation from something I saw on pinterest... I worked on this thing all summer long, determined to have it finished by the time I went back to school to make my life easier and force me to plan out what I am going to cook each week, make shopping trips more organized, etc.....THE MENU BOARD!
I made menu cards for about 40 different "meals"...stuff that I have cooked before and we know that it's a "keeper," and also easy-to-make stuff that will be do-able on a school night. And my overly-organized self had to put the meals in categories by color also...of COURSE! I know, I am such a goob! BUT, it really has helped me be more on top of dinner and being organized with it. Also, I am more likely to add some variety to what we are eating... Once we use the cards for that week, they go in the "discard" box and then I pick the next week's cards from the new deck.
YEA FOR THE MENU BOARD!!!

3 comments:

Erin said...

I really like this idea! I just write them down on my dry erase calendar!

Tate Family said...

ok you really crack me up! this is genius but so hilarious. i'm about the farthest from OCD as one can possibly be. ;)

Langdawg said...

that's cute!!!! a great idea!