Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Family Dedication

I am way behind with posting these pictures...  On Thursday, May 9th, we had Family Dedication at our church for Vera.  When Grady was little, they called it Baby Dedication, but have since switched the name to FAMILY Dedication.  I love this because it is so true that it "takes a village" to raise a child.  Josh and I are so blessed to have both of our families close by and super involved in our children's lives.  We are so glad that y'all were able to share this special night with us.
 Each family participating that night had the opportunity to choose a verse for their child...one that you would want to pray over his or her life.  We chose Micah 6:8 for Vera.  I've said it before, but this was one of my Papaw's favorite verses, and one that I hope and pray that my little girl will live out:

"He has shown you, O man, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you, but to do justly, to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God."







No comments: