Friday, May 31, 2013

Memorial Day Weekend, Day 3

The last day was overcast.  It wasn't rainy or anything, but just "clouds-behind-the-sun-kind-of-day."  Vera seemed to do much better when the sun wasn't shining in her eyes and it wasn't quite as hot.  We played a lot of "ladder-toss" and enjoyed relaxing by the water.  We stayed on the beach until late afternoon...I think that's my favorite time of the day there. 
 
Jenny and Eric bought some type of boogie board and all the guys (oh, and Jenny too, HA HA!) took their turn at surfing the waves...  I didn't get any pictures of Jon, Eric, or Jenny...  but here is Josh having his turn... ha!




I think this is my favorite picture from the trip...She looks so happy to be at the beach!  Actually, she was grinning at Eric, her new best friend!  Whenever he was around, Vera was all smiles!

The whole clan took Grady to Adventure Island on Saturday night after Wolf Bay.  Vera decided to konk out, so the two of us headed back to the condo and missed all the fun...  He played lots and lots of games and won this fabulous bow-and-arrow prize with all of his tickets.

 I took a picture of Grady with his name in the sand like this last year...  Had to bribe him with m&m's to make him do it again this year...  Wonder how many more years I can get him to cooperate?  Hmmm...there's always hope with Vera, I guess!

All he wanted was to get back to the waves... 



Vera's new best friend, Eric!  We were SO glad to finally get to meet him!  (Watch out, Jen...I think little flirt is trying to steal his attention!)

Josh and Grady playing in the surf...

Uncle Jon, Grady, and the infamous bow-and-arrow (that's already broken, by the way... Gee, those Adventure Island toys are fine prizes!!!)
 
Grady told me this morning that he misses the beach.  And as my dad says, "We've made a little "beach bum" out of him!"
 
As for me, I can honestly say that this wasn't the most relaxing beach trip I remember...  It is just plain tough to have two little ones at the beach...especially one that's ONE!  Good grief!  I am used to reading my book, laying in the chair all day without a care in the world.  On this trip, I read the introduction to my book, but didn't even make it to chapter one.  Diaper-changing on the beach is quite an experience.  Oh well, they will grow up soon enough and I will miss these days! 
Bye, Beach...  until July!
....maybe I'll try the book again then,
or hitch a ride on this sailboat!

No comments: