Monday, November 30, 2009

Chain Letter for Grandmas

We didn't get to make a trip to Yazoo City, so my family came to see us Sunday night! Grady was excited to see everyone, especially Aunt Jenny! He already loves to be read to. I ordered a kid-sized little bookshelf for his room for Christmas and it is already FULL of books! (I will have to post a picture of it soon...) Anyway though, the neatest little story to share:
My mom called me one afternoon to tell me she had "enrolled Grady in a bookclub." I wasn't quite sure, but figured it was something where he'd get a book-of-the-month or something like that in the mail. However, it was something else I'd never heard of before...a "chain letter" for Grandmas! My mom got it in the mail from one of her good friends. The grandma receiving the letter sends a children's book to the child listed on the letter and then adds her grandchild's name to the list and mails the letter out again to friends who have grandchildren. If it works out the way it is supposed to (which I know chain letters never do...), Grady is supposed to get 36 books from who knows where! I just thought it was a cute idea and of course my mom loved it and jumped right on it! So far, he's only gotten 2 books in the mail, but they both have been SUPER cute and absolutely perfect for his age. I love that he is already interested in books (of course Julie-the-teacher WOULD just love that, huh?!) I'm sure Santa will be bringing more to add to the shelf! :)


Thank you for reading to me, Aunt Jenny! I can't wait to see you at Christmas!

No comments: