Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Grady is ONE!

So hard to believe that Grady is ONE today! This past year has flown by (well... I'm sure if you'd asked me if time was flying when he was 2 months old, I'd have told you NO WAY, but thankfully we started figuring things out as parents tend to do I guess, and it got a little easier as time went on.)
I thank God every single day for blessing us with such a perfect little miracle! He brings such a smile to my face and has turned out to be such a happy little kiddo! This smile melts my heart!

At 12 months, Grady is all OVER the place! Not yet walking, but he is pulling up on everything and you can't let him out of your sight. He will walk down the length of the couch as he holds on to the sides. I know he is getting close. His favorite toys are balls and cars and anything that rolls. He is finally learning to play with toys that have little chutes and ramps for you to "drop" a ball into. He's getting good at "shooting baskets" into his goal also! :)
He talks incessantly at times... (well, in his own language, that is...) He will get so tickled at random things and just squeals with delight! Those moments make my day! He cracks me up!
My, how fast they grow up! I catch myself saying things like, "I wish he could just walk." Or Josh's favorite thing to say..."I wish he was just potty trained!" (HA!)... But then I remind myself not to wish away one moment! He will be grown too quickly and I love the age he is right now!
Happy 1st birthday, sweet Grady-man!

2 comments:

Susan said...

Happy Birthday to the sweetest little man I know... I love you more than words can express! You are such a smart, precious little boy! God truly has blessed our family with such a great 'little person!'

I love you so very much, Grady-Man!

Happy 1st Birthday!

Aunt Sue-Sue :)

Laura and Jeff said...

Be careful what you wish for because when it happens you will sometimes wich you could take it back! I wanted Jakob to walk and talk so fast, and now sometimes I wish he could do neither...but am thankful for such a wonderful little boy! It is hard to believe Grady is 1...enjoy the next year and don't take any moments for granted!!