Tuesday, April 24, 2012

One Month!

Hard to believe that we have reached the one month mark!  I remember when Grady was this age and time seemed to drag!  No offense to Grady at all...it was really all ME!  I had no clue what to do with a new baby and didn't know if I would ever get sleep again for the rest of my life.  This time around, it's still tough with a newborn and her unpredictable schedule...BUT I know that it will not last forever.  And that makes it so much more do-able!  We've had a rough time with Vera at night basically since we came home from the hospital.  She is a major crier at night.  Usually is pretty good during the day, but at night she's been so upset.  She has cried some nights for 2 hours straight with nothing consoling her.  We've switched formulas, tried zantac, gas drops, swaddling, rocking, etc., etc.  Nothing would work.  I was just sure she had colic.  We are using something we researched and found online called Colic Calm and that has seemed to help a little bit.  But I am honestly just starting to think that she doesn't have colic or a reaction to the formula or anything physically wrong with her.  I think she may have just had her days and nights mixed up.  Don't want to jinx anything, but the last two nights have been GREAT!  Her crying has been so minimal and she's pretty much relaxed when we've fed her in the middle-of-the-night-feedings.  I am keeping my fingers crossed that we are over the hump! 

Grady-man still adores his little sister.  He is settling down into the routine much better and not acting out as much as he was a few weeks ago!  Makes me teary-eyed to see how "grown-up" he acts sometimes and how sweet he is with her!  He wants to help with everything and gives her a kazillion kisses every day!

Here are some pictures and I promise I will try to post pictures more often now that we are getting into more of a routine...







p.s.  I think her eyes are blue...Josh says brown, but they look blue to me!  Time will tell!

No comments: