Thursday, June 21, 2012

3 months

CanNOT believe we are at the 3 month mark with Vera! WOW! I remember my cousin Christy telling me when Grady was born that you just have to basically make it through the first three months and then things will start to get easier... That was SO true for Grady. Things were rough for about three months! Probably alot of that was because I had to go back to work so soon...the poor child was only about 7 weeks old. He didn't start sleeping through the night until he was about 12 weeks, if I remember correctly. Vera has been much different. This little gal started sleeping through the night at 9 weeks and hasn't had reflux like her brother! YEA! I'm sure things have been easier this time simply because Josh and I knew what to expect. Poor Grady-man! He survived the world's worst "first-time parents"! ha ha! So I guess little Vera had a bit of an advantage just being the second child. Anyway though, she really is a sweet baby and we all just love her dearly! She is going to be a tall girl for sure; she is SO long! Still has BIG blue eyes at the moment, and her hair is getting more "golden" every day. She smiles all the time, most often at her big brother! She loves to be outside, but HATES to be in her carseat (which really prevents me from doing lots of things...AGH!) She screams her head off every time I put her in it. The few times I have taken her in a store with me to pick up just a couple of items, she has screamed the entire time. So Julie doesn't get out very much with her! AGH! Hopefully that will get better soon.

Everyone says you just don't take as many pictures of the second child as you did for the first... I am determined not to be that mom! Here are a couple of pics I got of sweet little V this morning:


2 comments:

Susan said...

Jules - she looks SOO much like you in the second picture! just can't get over it! Sweet little girl!!! :) love you so much, Vera!!

jenny said...

ha before i saw susan's comment i was just about to write that I thought she looked just like you too! sure do miss her :(