Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Ready for the Beach!

Vera is 12 weeks today!
Just kidding... she isn't going to the beach. But isn't she so cute in her suit? (Thanks, Jenny!) I seriously do not know what on earth I was thinking earlier in the spring when Josh and I were determined that we were taking Vera to the beach this summer. She is just too little and we decided that it would not be a fun experience for her and definitely not a fun experience for us. So she is staying with my parents for a few days while we take Grady to Orange Beach to spend some time with just the three of us. Looking SO forward to that! Poor little guy... he is always hearing "Not now, I've got to feed/bathe/change/hold/etc. Baby V." So we will enjoy a few days of getting to give him our attention and just enjoy relaxing. On the flip side though, when I think about leaving her for a few days, it makes me sad...and feel sort of like a bad mom to be leaving her at such a young age... I know she will be fine and Pete and DeeDee will take excellent care of her (she will be spoiled rotten when we get back... DeeDee thinks you can't let her cry for a minute!)...but I know I will miss that little girl like crazy!
We are praying for no rain this weekend... What's up with this crazy June rainy weather!?!?

3 comments:

Erin said...

You will have a GREAT time and so will V! Enjoy it and SLEEP IN! And hoping it does not rain for you!

Jessica said...

We all feel like bad moms when we leave our babies...whether they are weeks old or years old. But that's what makes us GOOD moms! Enjoy it!!

Tate Family said...

so so so precious. love that little outfit she has on.