Friday, October 30, 2009

One Sick Mama!

Despite getting a flu shot, being a germ-o-fanatic, and constantly washing my hands and using germ-x, SOMEHOW, Julie managed to get the flu! Yep, the flu! I have never had the flu in my entire life. Of all the times in my life for me to come down with this yucky virus...of course Josh blames it on all the stress in my life, which is a possibility. When you're stressed, your immune system is down, I guess. Anyway, so little Grady-man has gone to Yazoo to stay until I can get well. I am one sick and very sad mama! I miss my little boy so much! It's weird to be in this house all alone without Grady. When Josh was at work yesterday and Mom had left with him, I looked around and realized how quiet it was and that it was the first time I have been alone in my house since Grady was born. So weird! I cried all day long yesterday, especially upset that I will miss my baby's first Halloween! I was so looking forward to taking him trick-or-treating in his little scarecrow suit. But he doesn't need to be around the flu germs, so it's best that he's not here.
Last night was a sad night at our house. Josh and I are so pathetic... We looked at pictures of Grady and talked about how much we missed the little man! I called Mom and Dad 3 times! Of course Grady was fine and dandy. He and Pete watched their first Yankees game together and they are probably spoiling him rotten. I'm just keeping my fingers crossed that he doesn't come down with the flu in the next few days! The doctor said that if he is going to show symptoms of it, then they should appear in the next 2 to 3 days.
Here are some sweet pictures that I took last week. Jenny brought Grady this little Baby Einstein Piano and he absolutely LOVES the thing! He will sit and stare at it forever and even push the keys on the piano, himself! Josh was in the floor playing with him and I thought these pictures were just too cute! We miss you, little man!

Grady LOVES the Cat-in-the-Hat for some reason... I guess the black-and-white contrast...

All that playing left us zapped!

1 comment:

Susan said...

OK - it's me again! :) ha!

I LOVE these pictures... especially the last one with the big boys taking a nap! So sweet!