Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Two Years Ago Today...

the sweetest little bundle of joy entered our lives and it has not been the same for one single moment! We are completely blessed beyond words and I thank God every day for bringing this little man into my life. My, but he has come a long way! The photo below shows how small he was the day we brought him home from the hospital. It's hard to remember holding something so small now that we lug around a huge little boy!

And today my man is TWO!

I told someone the other day that I see why people call it the "terrible twos." It's not really that they are terrible, but just curious. Much more so than the infant stages... Which makes them get into EVERYTHING, hence parents get frustrated and say they are terrible. I will remind myself of this repeatedly when I get frustrated over the next couple of years. ha. He is full of curiosity and I love that about him. Yes, it can be frustrating at times...like when you walk into his room and find that every single wipe in the baby-wipe container has been removed from the box and strewn all around the room. Or when you find that he has turned the garbage can upside down and dumped out all of the contents just to see what is in there. Or even perhaps when he tries to taste everything in sight...sponges, hair on a stuffed animal, carpet (yes, carpet), baby-wipes, soap, and so on...

But it's just a part of being two, I guess. And with all that curiosity comes lots and lots of laughs and smiles that I wouldn't trade anything for.

How sweet he is!
Happy Birthday, dear Grady!
You are a very loved little boy!

We celebrated Grady's birthday at none other than my favorite place...the MS Children's Museum. Unfortunately, I didn't get that many great pictures because he is so darn busy and all over the place. He never pauses for a good shot. But then again, every kid there was like that!

My family had a second little "family party" for him because my grandfather was unable to come to the birthday party at the museum. Plus, Jenny flew home from Idaho to be with us, so she wanted to steal a bit more time with Grady-man as well. So Aunt Sue made another cake and Grady got to blow out candles for a second time. Here's a video...


2 comments:

Erin said...

Happy 2nd birthday Grady-man!!! Let's celebrate with a Super Regional victory and a trip to Omaha.

jenny said...

i miss you already Grady... so much :( Happy Birthday my sweet boy. i love you.