Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Bittersweet

Summer is officially OVER tomorrow. But at least the Olympics are just getting started... Are you as obsessed as we are?!!? Our family LOVES the Olympics! Grady has caught the fever from Josh and me. We had an Olympics party on the night of Opening Ceremonies... My classroom theme this year is "Going for the GOLD!"... more to come on that later!
Oh my! Tomorrow my baby girl starts daycare! I have been at home with her for over 4 months... so she and I are both a bit spoiled I guess. On one hand, I am itching to get back to work. My mind has been full of ideas that I can't wait to try and my living room and dining room are covered in school things I've been painting/drawing/cutting/gluing, etc! This is the normal for me this time each year... ask Josh if you don't believe me. He needs a support group for husbands of teachers. ha.

But on the other hand, I am so sad about leaving my baby girl! There have been NUMEROUS days that I have been so ready to get out of the house and talk to adults and just get back into my classroom... But I have also enjoyed getting to spend so much time bonding with Baby V. I didn't get that precious time with Grady-man. He turned out just fine, but I felt like the worst mother in the world at the time. However, things were out of my control and you just do what you have to do. This time, I feel like I got to enjoy it more and I just feel better, too. When I went back to work with Grady being so little, I was still a hormonal, emotional wreck! ha... But we are all good now! Life is crazy with two, but we are figuring out the routine. Now we will probably need LOTS of prayers this first week or so as we figure out the routine with me going back to work and Vera going to daycare and poor Josh having to deal with BOTH kids by himself in the mornings! ha ha. So add us to your prayer list!

Oh, I'm probably going to cry in the morning when I have to drop this precious girl off. I will get to go with Josh the first day tomorrow, but after that, he's on his own... Better him than me... I would cry every morning!

Doesn't she just make you smile?



3 comments:

Erin said...

Awww Jules! She will be fine! And so will you. Easier said than done. I know. Syd starts kindergarten Monday and I'm not nearly as excited as she is!

Have fun this year. And I think V is starting to look more and more like Grady with darker hair! So sweettttt!

Tate Family said...

:( :( :( I remember the sadness :( Hang in there, friend. Wishing y'all a great year!

Susan said...

I'll be thinking about you :) She will do GREAT though! She'll have the most friends out of EVERY KID there! AND... yoU KNOW big brother Grady will take EXTRA good care of her :)

By the way -- SHE LOOKS SO MUCH LIKE JOSH in the first picture!!!! Sweet, precious girl!