Friday, July 6, 2012

To Catch a Lizard, Part 2

For all of my blog readers who I am SURE are SOOOO interested in the status of the lizard hunt at the Hammer house... ha ha...HE'S ON THE LOOSE!!!!!!!

Ever since the appearance of that darn lizard, and my complete fear of his whereabouts in my house, Josh has been telling me, "Don't worry. Quit worrying, I'm SURE he is long-gone by now. He probably crawled down the drain in the bathtub or something. You would have seen him by now, Julie. That was Monday..."

Every time Josh would say that, I wanted to believe it so bad, but was still just not sure that was the case. I have tried to go on and live life normally and to quit looking around on the floor and walls every time I enter another room in the house... or to actually take my shoes off during the day... or to quit opening the drawers in the bathroom and kitchen so fearfully, expecting to see a lizard lurking there! AGH! But like I said, in the back of my mind, I just KNEW he was still here and I could not help myself!

So last night when we were getting ready for bed, that creepy little creature made his appearance again and I freaked out as usual... I was SOOOOO right and Josh was SOOOOO wrong! I just KNEW it! I know lizards! So much better than Josh.

We were in our bathroom and I had just washed my face and brushed my teeth (of course even though I am clad in my pajamas, my shoes are still on at this point thank GOODNESS!) I took my contacts out and was about to put on my glasses when I noticed something out of the corner of my eye by the bathtub. Now if you do not know me well, you may not know that I am blind as a bat without my contacts/glasses. Can't see anything! So to say that I noticed something (the darn lizard!) just proves the fact that I can spot those horrible creatures anywhere!!! I quickly reached for my glasses and when I had clear vision again, my fear was confirmed. In .5 milliseconds, I was up on the bathroom counter, gasping and pointing. Josh was taking HIS contacts out (WHAT ARE THE ODDS!!!???) and in case you don't know him very well, HE IS MORE BLIND THAN ME!!!! So he couldn't see the lizard because he had a contact in route from his hand to the case. AGH! And as fast as that darn lizard is, he crawled into a crack behind the baseboard and the wall before blind-man could get his glasses on! AGHHH!!! SO Josh has yet to actually see the lizard. We did find a piece of his tail on the floor close to where I spotted him. Just before taking his contacts out, Josh had picked up a wicker hamper that we have in the bathroom and moved it to the corner of the bathroom. We think the lizard must have been hiding underneath it and when Josh picked it up, he squashed the lizard's tail. AGHHH!!! So now he is a midget lizard, which makes him even more scary and fast!

Now, I am back to being hesitant again about everything. We had to barricade the bathroom door again last night, and Josh was asleep and snoring in 3 minutes while I lay awake thinking about that lizard getting wrapped up in my hair again! AGH! Will I ever rest again!???!?!?

To be continued.....

(Let's pray for a happily-ever-after ending...and SOON!)

No comments: