Saturday, July 7, 2012

To Catch a Lizard, Part 3

Ok, I know all of you are sitting on pins and needles, just waiting to hear the latest newscast and find out the status of Rufus the Lizard, intruder at the Hammer House!

Let me PROUDLY ANNOUNCE that Rufus has been captured!!!!!!

After 6 long and very torturous days and nights of uncertainty and fear, Rufus has been returned to the wild. He no longer roams my bathroom and bedroom, scaring the socks off me at all times of the day.

We are reptile-free!

WHOO HOO!

I can sit on the floor without being afraid!

I can go back into my closet again!

I am BAREFOOTED. IN MY OWN HOUSE!

Life is good!

Josh caught the little sucker this afternoon...guess where? In my bathroom of course! I think the little guy camped out in there the entire week. Probably too afraid to venture out of there after the screaming fits he heard from me the very first day we met.

Now he is residing in my backyard up on the hill behind our house. Josh asked if I wanted him to kill it. I was reminded of the fable of the Lion and the Mouse. I decided that killing it would just be too awful, even after all the pain he has caused me this week. So he is free!

Yea for Josh!

And YEA for no more lizards!!!!

Now I know you all are going to rest better, knowing that I am safe and sound again. (Dad, stop rolling your eyes!!! ha!)

3 comments:

Pete said...

Julie, didn't you know Lizzards travel in pairs?????????????


Pete





Just Joking

Tate Family said...

LOL!!!

Susan said...

hahaha! that was so mean, Dad! haha... now shes going to put her shoes back on again! :)