Wednesday, February 6, 2013

SOUPS ON! Day 4

Taco Soup
I found this recipe when I was in college and my roommates and I used to make it ALL THE TIME!  We'd invite lots of people over for dinner because it makes a TON!  Whenever I make it now, we have leftovers to take to lunch and also eat at dinner for a few days afterwards! 
Ingredients:
1 lb. ground beef
1 onion, chopped
1 bell pepper, chopped
1 (28 oz.) can crushed tomatoes, undrained
1 pkg. taco seasoning
1 pkg. ranch dressing mix
1/2 c. salsa
1 (6 oz) can tomato paste
2 (14 oz) cans whole kernel corn, undrained
1 (16 oz) can black beans, undrained
2 c. water
salt and pepper to taste
toppings:  tortilla chips or fritos, grated cheddar cheese, sour cream

In a large pot, brown the ground beef, onion, and bell pepper.  Drain.

Add tomatoes and stir.

Stir in remaining ingredients (except for toppings) and simmer on LOW for 1 hour.

Serve soup topped with choice of toppings.

No comments: