Wednesday, December 23, 2009

All I Want for Christmas is....... some Benadryl!

If it's going to happen, I think it is going to happen to the Hammers! Of all things, Grady-man came down with a case of the chicken pox yesterday! Poor little guy! He is covered in chicken pox, but as you can tell from the pictures, it is not really phasing him. He is still the most happy-go-lucky little kid, even despite all the red bumps. If he's going to have them, I guess now is as good a time as any... I am off work for two weeks to take care of him and he is too young to know that he needs to scratch the rash! He's being such a little trooper as usual!
I noticed a few little bumps (maybe like 2 or 3) yesterday morning when I was changing his diaper at 6 a.m. Mom came over yesterday to keep Grady so I could go to my school for a few hours to work and rearrange my classroom. She noticed the bumps as well and by the time I got home at lunch time, he had MORE of them. I called Gail (who keeps Grady) and found out that another little girl that she keeps had the chicken pox a couple of weeks ago. When we called the doctor, they asked us to come right in so they could see for sure. My dad was on his way to my house, so he went with me and Grady to the doctor and sure enough, he was diagnosed with the chicken pox! Dad asked the doctor if they saw lots of cases of this virus and the doctor said that since the vaccine has come out in the last several years, cases of the chicken pox are few and far between... But like I said, if it is going to happen, it seems to hit the Hammer household! ha! So when Grady starts school in 5 more years, he will be one of those few kids who turns in a shot record with no chicken pox vaccine recorded, but rather a note that he's had the actual virus!

1 comment:

Susan said...

bless his little bones...