Monday, December 14, 2009

A New Tradition

I decided that we needed to start a new tradition this year that would be something special for Grady to look forward to doing each year at Christmas. I hadn't been to see the lights on the square in Canton since I was little, and considering how much Grady LOVES Christmas trees and Christmas lights, we decided to take Grady and see what all there was to do! We took him into all of the animation museums and he was fascinated with all of the "moving" giant stuffed animals and lights and such! Then, much to Josh's horror, we rode on the carousel!!! (Josh thought that I was going to sit with Grady on the little bench that is stationery... when his mom and I got on and put Grady up on one of the carousel ponies, he wasn't too wild about it!! Glad I didn't tell him ahead of time...ha!) Anyway, Grady immediately reached for the pole with both of his little hands, just like he knew what he was supposed to do! I couldn't see his face during the ride because I was behind him, hanging on to him for dear life. (That thing really did go faster that you'd think!) But Faye said that he just grinned and cooed the entire ride! Every time we came around to where Josh and David were standing, he would just grin so big at them! Too cute! He had a ball! And then of course, we walked around the inside of the square where all the lights are and took lots of pictures! The weather was a bit misty and humid, but surprisingly nice for this time of the year! It really wasn't that cold at all! We had a great time and plan to make this a yearly tradition for Grady-man! Thanks for going with us, Grana and Pops! :)

2 comments:

Laura and Jeff said...

That is wild that your child is as tall as my child was at 15 months. Jakob is only 31 in. now and he is 18 months old!

Susan said...

AW... I love that ya'll are doing this tradition with Grady Man! He looks super happy! :) Glad ya'll had a good time!